Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Quiz

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

Finished my Associates Degree the day before I had my second child, and then started my Bachelor's Degree three weeks later.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I did not keep my New Year's Resolutions - my goal was to lose my baby weight before the New Year, and I did not succeed. However, I have a long list of resolutions for 2009, to include losing the last of my baby weight and getting down to my "ideal" weight.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

I had a good friend give birth in addition to myself. That was fun... Mr. Nicholas had to have a more traumatic birth then his older brother.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

My Grandmother passed away after suffering a massive stroke. I miss her a great deal. She had only been retired for three years (she was 81) and had been a nurse since WWII. She was an on-call nurse and raised six children at a time when most women did not work outside of the home. After her initial retirement she became a traveling nurse to see the country. She was amazing.

5. What countries did you visit?

I did not step foot outside of the U.S.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

In 2009 I would like to have time to relax (I know, who am I kidding, two children, school, and work, plus a husband, where would I find the time). Also some girls-nights-out.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

March 23rd and 24th. March 23rd I completed my Associates Degree and March 24th I delivered Nicholas via c-section.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I would have to say having my second child. Although I also got a raise and a promotion in November.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not losing all my baby weight.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I had a few bad colds, nothing major, although recovering from my c-section was painful.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My Nordic Track iFit capable treadmill.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Our troops overseas and Barack Obama (whatever your affiliation, he ran a fairly clean campaign, and I personally am I excited for his Presidency).

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

The media - can't we get unbiased coverage of news?

14. Where did most of your money go?

After bills it went to my children (Damn you, Baby Gap!)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My new Jillian Michaels iFit cards, my new Coach purse (first designer purse), my baby's birthdays (birth and 3).

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

I don't really have a specific song - but I think I'll go with Taylor Swift's Our Song or Britney Spears' Womanizer.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier - I have another beautiful baby!
b) thinner or fatter? thinner - I'm no longer pregnant
c) richer or poorer? richer - I did get a raise, as did my husband

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Working out while pregnant, also writing in my children's baby books (so bad at that)

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Stressing about things, especially school, my lack of time to organize pictures and write in baby books.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Locally with my husband, children and in-laws. Went to see Yes Man (silly plot, but very very funny).

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?

I was already in love.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Bones

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Nope

24. What was the best book you read?

I didn't read any memorable books last year - I only had time for fluff (aka regencies), textbooks and magazines

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

iTunes playlists (okay so I'm a little behind)

26. What did you want and get?

New Coach Purse, Jillian Michael's iFit cards

27. What did you want and not get?

Wii and Wii Fit (I actually bought both at one point and returned them due to my lack of time for pretty much anything)

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

My favorite film of this year was probably Yes Man, just because it made me laugh the most.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I went out to Red Lobster for my birthday and I turned 27.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More time.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

New mom (it needed to be easy put on, easy to clean and camouflage my post-pregnancy figure)

32. What kept you sane?

Baths

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I was most interested in Barack Obama and the Pitt-Jolie Family

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The election.

35. Who did you miss?

My family - it's hard living on the other side of the country.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I didn't really meet anybody new except my son.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

Life is short and your babies grow up quickly, enjoy them while you can.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

My Baby lyrics (Britney Spears)

Tiny hands, yes that's you
And all you show, it's simply true
I smell your breath,
It makes me cry
I wonder how,
I've lived my life

[Chorus:]
'Cause without you,
How did I get through
All of my days, without you?
Now living with you,
See everything's true
My baby it's you
My baby, my baby, my baby

With no words at all,
So tiny and small
In love I fall,
So deep, so deep
My precious love,
Sent from above
My baby boo,
God I thank you, God I thank you

(Chorus)

'Cause without you,
How did I get through
(How'd I get through)
All of my days, without you?
Now living with you,
See everything's true
My baby it's you
(My baby it's you)
My baby, my baby, my baby

No comments:

Post a Comment