Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Obama Dance

"That my President" and "That Barack Obama" are Gabe's two favorite sentences and they are uttered whenever he sees a picture of President Obama in the newspaper or on TV. We even have the children's book titled Barack, which he loves to have me read. He has buttons, and place mats, and decorations. Today, he created an Obama dance, which involved running around singing Barack Obama. It was cute. He watched the whole Inauguration with my MIL and loved it.

It is adorable and amazing. I am so proud to live in a country where my child can get that excited about the leader of our country and have no understanding that even last century this would never have been possible. I am filled with hope and excitement at the possibilities of this new Presidency. I watched the Inauguration at work and felt my eyes well up during parts of Obama's speech. It was wonderful to hear.

:::

I really don't have a good transition, but I do want to write about Nick's expanding vocabulary. Not only can he say hi and wave. He can also say DaDa (in reference to Daddy), Do (in reference to Dog) and bye with a wave. It is very cute. He can also understand short commands and identify a picture of both a dog and a cat in a book. He can also identify Elmo. This weekend I put on Sesame Beginnings for him this weekend, and as soon as he saw Elmo he stopped what he was doing to say hi and wave at Elmo.

I can't believe how quickly the last year has gone. Tomorrow Nick starts his first gym class, and I'm sure he will be more than ready to go, as he showed during Gabe's class on Saturday. Both my boys are beautiful and amazing and I feel so lucky to be their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment