Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sick and Tired

My boys are both sick with something, so their dispositions haven't been the best. Gabe hasn't wanted the eat the last couple days, and even threw up what little he did eat on Tuesday - that was fun to clean up, since he was still at the dinner table when it happened. Nick is about to get his two top front teeth, has a head cold, and his stomach is bothering him. He was very cranky last night. Plus Oscar is not feeling well, also a head cold, and called in sick to work today.

Neither child wanted to sleep last night, and both have been up since about a quarter to five. Oscar had Gabe, and I took care of Nick. On top of it, Nick was extra clingy this morning, which made getting ready for work difficult. He was fine if I was holding him, or if Gabe was playing with him, otherwise he wanted to get into things or be held. I'm really loving obsession with electrical cords, particularly his strong desire to put them in his mouth. It's great, really.

So, I am very tired, and not just because the boys didn't sleep well last night. I also adjusted my work schedule this week, so instead of getting in close to 8, I'm going in at 7. And I'm now working out in the mornings instead of the evenings, so I'm getting up at 4:30 and working out for an hour. This morning I was able to get my iFit workout in, but had to quit after the warm up of 30 Day Shred because Nick was being extra fussy and only wanted me.

I had hoped Nick would sleep better last night because he had gym class, but no such luck. However, he did greatly enjoy his class. He practiced walking (still not there on his own) both on the floor and the balance beam, and he did forward and backward rolls over something referred to as a "hot dog". He still adores the balls and is curious about the bubbles - he was more aggressive last night in his pursuit of them. I am so glad he likes it. It has been beneficial for Gabe and I hope it is for him. Gabe was home with Daddy, and enjoyed being in our bed with him and watching Curious George, which he choose over having Daddy read him a story.

I had a chance to talk to Gabe's gym and sports class teacher during Nick's class last night, and was glad I did, since I have little idea how he acts in his sports class, since my MIL takes him during the week, and only observational knowledge from his gym class on Saturdays. She said he actually is doing really well in his sport class and is much better at listening and paying attention than he is in his gym class. He's really enjoying it. Right now they are learning hockey, which they started last week, and after only one session I can see that he's getting it. He has a hockey set at my MIL's and I got to see him practice with it and I though he did really well.

I am so glad I am in my last week of my current class. Statistics is driving me crazy. The workload is much heavier than I have had in any of my previous courses, so I'm really struggling to get it all done. Still, I have been working hear, and it's reflected in my grade, which is nice. After this class is over I get a three week break before I start my next one. Not that I'll be relaxing. There are a number of things that I need to use those "free" evenings to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment